All the things!!!
About The Speaker
- Dad of a 6 year old
- Owner of Hacker Ferret Software
- Independent Software Consultant
- 8 years exp as a web\appliation developer
- 4 year exp System\Network Admin in US Army
- Independent Software Consultation, Development, and Interesting creation Studio
- "Hacking Love into Software"
- Mission:Building a better Future with Software
- Assumptions about You
- Microcontroller, IoT & Beyond
- Q & A
Assumptions about You
- Have some
expwith a programming language
- Have an interested in js empowerment
Behold powah of of the Browsa!!!
On the Server with
What is Node.js?
- Uses Google's V8 Engine for parsing
- Async\Non-Blocking By Default
- Event Based
- Single threaded
What does that mean?
It's not so fast with processor intensive operation.
Desktop Application Framework built on top of Node.js and Chromium
Core Electron Concepts
Main :Communicates with OS
Render: Communicates With Browser Elements in view
- Open Source
- Runs on Mac, Win and Linux
- Use existing HTML, CSS and JS
- Access to Native OS API
- Tooling for native OS installers
- Updates, Error Reporting, Profiling
- Built and Supported by GitHub
Open Source SDK used for Hybrid Mobile App Development, built leveraging Angular and Apache Cordova.
Core Concepts of
- Leverages Phone's own Web Browser for rendering content
- Can access Native functionality with plugins
Features of Ionic
- Open Source
- Intelligent rendering per device
- Near Native UX
- Wysiwyg Editor
- Uses Angular\Angular2
- Thriving Market Place
Microcontrollers & Beyond!!!
Libraries For Microcontrollers and IoT
- What is Node.js
- Bullet Two
- Bullet Three
By Terrance Smith